Strategy, Goals, Progress
At P&G, we focus our Sustainability efforts on improvements that matter, to make the most meaningful impact we can. Our commitment begins with P&G’s Purpose, Values and Principles, in which Sustainability is embedded, and manifests itself in a systemic and long-term approach.We strive to make our actions matter.and for generations to come. From this news, you will know about our latest contributions, important activities and information about P&G Hong Kong.
P&G Report Card:2012 Sustainability Goals
These goals, originally set in 2007, were increased in March 2009. The goal for Children’s Safe Drinking Water (CSDW) program was again increased in September 2009. Progress against goals is as of June 30, 2009
GOAL Develop and market at least $50 billion in cumulative sales of “sustainable innovation products,” which are products that have an improved environmental profile.(1)
- Cumulative Sales since July
(in billions of U.S. dollars)
- $26.5Cumulative sales of sustainable
GOAL Deliver an additional 20% reduction (per unit production) in CO2 emissions, energy consumption, water consumption and disposed waste from P&G plants, leading to a total reduction over the decade of at least 50%.
- Since July 2002Since July 2007PROGRESS
(percent reduction per unit production)
- 48%11%Energy Usage
- 52%10%CO2 Emissions
- 53%30%Waste Disposal
- 52%13%Water Usage
GOAL Enable 300 million children to Live, Learn and Thrive.( 2 )Prevent 160 million days of disease and save 20,000 lives bydelivering 4 billion liters of clean water in our Children’sSafe Drinking Water program.(3)
- Since July 2007PROGRESS
- LIVE, LEARN AND THRIVE
- 135 millionNumber of Children Reached
- CHILDREN’S SAFE DRINKING WATER
- 930 millionLiters of Clean Water Delivered
- 39 millionDays of Disease Prevented
- >5200Lives Saved
Engage and equip all P&Gers to build Sustainability thinking and practices into their everyday work.
Shape the further by working transparently with our stakeholders to enable continued freedom to innovate in a responsible way.
- Sustainable Innovation Products are included if they have launched in market since July 1, 2007, and have a >10% reduction in one or more of the following indicators without negatively impacting the overall sustainability profile of the product: A. Energy, B. Water, C. Transportation, D. Amount of material used in packaging or products, E. Substitution of nonrenewable energy or materials with renewable sources.
- Live, Learn and Thrive (LLT) is P&G’s global cause that focuses our social investments on efforts that improve the lives of children in need ages 0 – 13.
- Within Live, Learn and Thrive, our signature program is Children’s Safe Drinking Water. Methodology for calculating diarrheal days and mortality was developed with Population Services International and Aquaya Institute. Details are provided in the 2010 Sustainability Report found at www.pg.com/sustainability/reports.shtml